Subscribe to UNCSD-L
Articles by Regions
IISD's Knowledge Management
IISD RS Meeting Coverage
About the UNCSD-L Mailing List
- What is UNCSD-L?
- What is posted on UNCSD-L?
- How do I subscribe to UNCSD-L?
- How do I access postings to UNCSD-L?
- How do I post a message to UNCSD-L?
- How do I unsubscribe from UNCSD-L?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
UNCSD-L is a community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners involved in international sustainable development, particularly those focused on follow up to the outcome of the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD, also referred to as Rio+20). This free knowledge-sharing tool is managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. UNCSD-L is a peer-to-peer service meant to advance understanding of sustainable development by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to activities with a strong focus on international sustainable development policy and/or practice. UNCSD-L offers users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
The UNCSD-L was launched when the UN, governments, academics, NGOs, businesses and the media were undertaking preparations for UNCSD. The UNCSD convened 20 years after the 1992 UN Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED, also known as the Rio Earth Summit), and will sought to assess implementation of previous commitments while addressing new and emerging challenges to sustainable development.
Postings include international sustainable development policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the Sustainable Development Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the Sustainable Development Policy & Practice knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserve is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to international sustainable development policy and/or practice: i.e. best practices in sustainable development, announcements or outcomes of sustainable-development-related meetings or sessions/side events, relevant job postings, publications and online resources;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible, do not send file attachments.If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to the UNCSD-L listserve, enter your email address below.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on UNCSD-L
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive UNCSD-L postings in your email, subscribe to the UNCSD-L listserve as described above.
To read UNCSD-L postings online, and to access older posts, visit the UNCSD-L listserve Archive.
Any UNCSD-L subscriber can post to the list. Just send the message to UNCSD-L@lists.iisd.ca (in exactly the format that you would like it to be distributed to the list). If your message fits within the guidelines, the moderator will approve it for distribution to all the members of the list.
To unsubscribe from UNCSD-L, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. This link is available at the bottom of every message posted to UNCSD-L.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to UNCSD-L. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next UNCSD-L.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact Diego Noguera <email@example.com>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact Diego Noguera <firstname.lastname@example.org>.